Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rowena Doyle: Visual Merchandiser




We caught up with Rowena Doyle from Visual Sense and she told us a bit about herself and exactly what a visual merchandiser does

I have worked in visual merchandising for the past ten years, i have worked with Arnotts, Jack and Jones and more recently David Jones in Sydney.

I have trained as a commercial merchandiser so for me the only reason to focus on this area is to maximise profit. I focus on areas such as product placement, windows, signage, pricing, in store visual merchandising and floor layout. All of these area have a huge impact on how people shop in a store, my favourite phrase to use is "keep it simple and don't over dress it"

I work with retailers in a different way to a Display person or window dresser, i don't focus to much on props and making things look pretty although i am very creative i really focus more on how i can get more customers into the shop and when they come in how to persuade them to really want to spend money as the more simple you make it, the better return you will have. I also offer an after care service, where i keep in touch with all cleints to offer them further advise.

I have worked with boutiques, including New moon in Dublin, Beri boutique in killkenny, coze di roze in cabinteely and more recently i opened the shop sheneil shoes in galway. I will be doing a class with this shop mods and mini in killarney in 2 weeks for all the staff there teaching them in store merchandising.


Call: 087-7832527
rowena.doyle@gmail.com

Before




After








No comments: