Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Friday, April 8, 2011

Nickys Rag Tales

As the weeks run away I am reminded that last week slipped past without a post. As an agent some of my collections are being shipped back to their owners and others are continuing to sell so life slips into a different pattern at work. I discovered a whole garage room full of samples that need a home so have decided it’s time for a spring clean out. The result is a sample sale in the showroom planned for 13-15 th April. Luckily I have my assistant the lovely Selina on hand to help me out and keep me calm.

At this time of year there are several Press Days to keep me on my toes. Yesterday was the launch of the new Ant-Ageing Beauty Bible in Arnotts followed by the Kilkenny Design Spring Summer fashion show that I gate crashed with my friend, stylist extraordinaire Cathy O’Connor. Today it’s the turn of Cos followed by afternoon tea at the British Ambassadors residence where some of the Queen’s dresses will be on show (she won’t miss a few) and to top it off model Faye Dinsmore’s Fashion Awards are on tonight in Dublin’s Mansion House. The great thing about blogging is that you can be as busy or not as you choose to be. There’s no pressure to write or do anything in fact. For me though it’s added an exciting dimension to my life. I have decided recently to monetise my site and now have two advertisements going onto it shortly. I had to think long and hard about that but I think I’ve come up with a code of ethics that doesn’t compromise my impartiality in any way. I need a new camera (or at least I want one) so this is my way of paying for it!

No comments: