Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider


Slow but steady is how I would describe the week in progress. Orders keep coming and the amount of time I spend on the computer has increased by a huge percentage. That has plusses and minuses. I can now receive orders in my in- box, process them and have everything done within minutes without moving from my chair. The saving in costs and time are huge and the ability to send new line sheets of samples plus information by email has changed a large part of my business.

On the minus side my bum is getting larger, my back is aching and I am so stiff by the end of a day that I have to stretch and undo myself to ease the old bones back into place.! Meeting the customer is still the best way to do business and each season it’s wonderful to re connect and catch up. Business that is done in this way is invaluable and any amount of emailing and computer catch-ups can’t compete with a little old fashioned groundwork.

One highlight from last week was the invitation to meet Tory Burch at the Brown Thomas Target for Fashion launch of their Designer Tote Bag for Breast Cancer Charities in Ireland. One definite positive of being a blogger is the invitations to these events and Tory Burch will go down as one of the best yet. Her designs are chic and elegant; her iconic double T logo is one logo I make an exception for, as it is so stylish. A real lady is how my grandma would have described her. Not one for normally fawning over anybody no matter how famous I must admit to being quite honoured to get to spend talk a few moments with her and I couldn’t get home fast enough to post some pictures on my blog.

The Tote bag is selling really well at €45 in Brown Thomas at the moment and it’s a really great summer holiday hold all. All proceeds go to the charity so a definite win win all round. Have a really fashionable week ahead…

No comments: