Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider



The area of work that I’m primarily involved in is Sales. As an agent I represent various companies and designers and place their collections into Independent boutiques and Fashion stores. Since I started blogging nearly one year ago I have learnt lots about the other areas of the Fashion Industry. Last Friday was one such experience. I found myself at an outdoor fashion shoot for Heidi Higgins Autumn/Winter collection. Fashion editors had been giving lots of advice and been extremely helpful in the week before and Heidi and I ran around borrowing all the necessary accessories. Everyone we asked was extremely helpful and generous and the day itself went brilliantly. The weather was fine, the model a dream, the location (which has to remain secret) was perfect and the whole team including a make up artist, hairdresser, stylist, photographer and several assistants including me helped in every way possible. I have been to several Fashion shows and several Fashion Fairs. I’ve been to London Fashion week and seen what goes on behind the scenes there. Last Friday was a first for me. Heidi is the designer and she was in total control of the shoot, conferring with the stylist but very much in charge. It was a very long day but one that was extremely satisfying, an artistic event that will hopefully show Heidi’s Winter collection and be seen in all the major magazines and newspapers in the next couple of months.

The message here is that it takes several people to make a fashion shoot work and as it’s such an expensive project there must be maximum use of the time allotted. In fact the whole day was a race against time. Sixteen separate changes of clothes, which took place in the open air or a stable! Let no one ever say that models don’t work and Laoise Quinn from the Morgan agency was perfectly professional as she was poked prodded and moved into different poses. My full account and photo’s of the day can be seen on my blog for anyone who wishes to take a look.

Have a very fashionable week ahead……

http://www.nickysragtales.com/


No comments: