Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Sunday, October 3, 2010

CHIC UNIQUE – FIRST YEAR IN BUSINESS.

A look back on her first year in bussiness from Debbie

As I arrive in my final quarter of my first year in business I sit back in reflection of the achievements I have made in a business that I had never been in before and can smile. Yes I did have plenty of people tell me I was mad enter the rag trade and in a recession but I put those to one side and worked on my drive and also listened to the friends and family who voices of support and well wishes were there every day, without whom I don’t think I would have had the courage of my convictions.

Here I am entering into my second Autumn/Winter and have decided to take up with two new labels to the boutique that are Irish, I love to support Irish but like to source what suits the style of the boutique too so both Kate & Ava and Sinead Doyle Design work perfectly with the store. I have also brought on another commercial brand Twenty8Twelve by S. Miller, Sienna Miller together with her sister Savannah design this brand and it is fantastic, from the superb denims to soft leathers to edgy but classy dresses. A brand that is admired by Blake Lively (Serena – Gossip Girl) amongst others.

Within the store we also have the well know InWear brand that has been in circulation since it’s inception in 1969 InWear’s commitment to designing pieces that are like no others is constant – yet the shapes, fabrics, and looks of the collections continually evolve to meet the needs of their customer: the InWear woman. The unique brand of Nueva which offers items from both day to occasion and the wonderful couture brand of Anoushka G. We also cater for Mother of the Bride with the wonders of Irish and John Bentley and some of the other collections.

I continue to travel to source and discover new and exciting new brands all the time and ensure that the ones we have suit our customers. Within the boutique as was always our vision we aim to offer a full service to the ladies entering our door and we offer a wide range of accessories from Bags to Umbrellas, Lingerie to Belts, Headpieces to Hosiery. We also hear from customers on a regular basis that oh I have a dress in my wardrobe that I have only worn once and I will never wear it again, our answer to that is bring it into us and we can offer advice on how to accessorise it so that you see it in a different light and wear it more than you currently do. Clothes are to be worn not admired unless by others while they are been worn by you so why not get the most of your wardrobe and rethink how you use it. We will offer a home visit if you prefer on assistance of how best to clear your wardrobe in order to get a core wardrobe that you can build on, yes sometimes you have to be harsh with yourself and let go of the Debs dress that is never going to fit you again ... I know I will never see my size 8 one again.. time to let go however precious.

I love what I do every day and I meet interesting people all the time, I am so glad I followed my dream and made it a reality even on the hard days it is great to know when you open your door you are working for yourself. Yes it is hard work but then what is worth doing is worth putting your energy into and I am so grateful for the support of my family and friends because without them it would be so much harder. Here’s to year two and may it be just as good as year one because I love what I do.

Chic Unique
Killegland Street
Ashbourne, Co. Meath
Phone: 01 8351003
Email: info@chicunique.ie











No comments: