Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nicky's Ragtales

www.nickysragtales.com

This week hasn’t quite worked out as planned. So, what’s new in that? I hear you say.

Plans that had been made had to be changed and what was to have been a week of showroom selling has become one of introducing a completely new line to our collections and organising a PR event for later in the month. The Showroom selling has been put forward to next week due to unforeseen circumstances (as they say on TV)

The Electronic Sheep collection is arriving in tomorrow and I’m looking around wondering where I’m going to house it and how best to display it. A quirky, fun collection of really great quality lambs wool scarves and hats that are sure to brighten up the darkest of winter days. This is a company that is Irish but who launched in the UK and is already a big hit in London.

I heard on the news this morning some one predicting that we are going to have 30 days of snow this Winter (I have my rucksack filled and ready in my boot) so perhaps these scarves will sell like hot cakes!! Small and frequent orders in addition to our seasonal lines are now what keeps our business healthy. Accessories are the major growth area for the savvy smart boutiques and with Falke Hosiery, Yummie Tummie shape wear and now Electronic Sheep scarves and hats in our armoury I am a happy agent. These are all relatively low cost items that enhance and add value to clothing. That pair of quality opaques or lace tights can change a dress from day to evening. The Yummie Tummie camisole can smooth and enhance that top and avoid those bumps showing. The scarf can brighten a dark outfit and help those pale faces brighten while keeping a person warm and cosy.

I’m also trying to launch a fabulous music CD which has now almost been completed to raise funds for the National Rehabilitation Hospital, Children’s Department and I will be telling you more about that project in the next couple of weeks. My good friend Kenn Joyce has been a major help on this one. I may be asking for your help shortly because I will need help to sell the CD’s which I’m hoping some of my media friends will help me push. More about that later, in the meantime have a fashionable week ahead……

No comments: