Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider by Nicky Harris


I know it seems blindingly obvious but the one thing about writing a weekly blog is the speed at which it comes around again. Each week when I have finished writing and looking it over I smile a satisfied smile that I have completed another post. However the speed at which it comes around again is nothing short of alarming! That the weeks fly by is no understatement.

Of course for a procrastinator like me the daily task of blogging is nothing short of miraculous, even if I do say so myself. Each day I wake up with no earthly idea of what I’m going to blog about. No I tell a lie sometimes I have a vague idea but only sometimes.

Today for example I’m thinking about Easter bonnets and perhaps a little research into hats, which I’m a bit addicted to the purchase of. I might even pull out all of mine of which several are vintage and take some photographs. Oh, that reminds me about my poor camera. It and I had a bit of an accident which involved both my laces in my boots wrapping themselves around so my legs were tied together resulting in me along with my camera flying lengthways along Aungier Street on my way to the boutique Maven. (An idea for a post, you understand) I was only bruised in body as well as pride but my poor and faithful camera has had to go to Camera Clinic where I am assured that for 300 euro it will be right as rain! I used my little Mini Video camera for an interview in Maven and posted it as I sat with my bruised body at my desk that evening.

Now it’s time to get back to the orders that are piled up on my desk since I was away all last week. I told you I was a procrastinator!! Have a fashionable week ahead…


No comments: