Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider


Last week was on the road, at the races and not at the races. Let me explain. I’m quite addicted to town and especially my own patch around the SoGo area (South Great Georges St) My showroom is five minutes from both Brown Thomas and Arnotts and several wonderful independent boutiques . I am next door to Fallon & Byrne where I buy my lunch (and supper to sometimes). Occasionally though I venture forth and get in the car to visit towns and customers. I travelled to Gory the other day, stopping in the great boutique Ruby Rouge, full of exciting and eclectic fashion. A destination for many customers who travel from across Ireland to shop there. On the way back I stopped in Mount Usher Gardens (an oasis in Ashford) and called into Boutique Belle across the road. Susan Fox has a beautiful boutique and I bought a brilliant holiday dress that will take me to Italy next week. One dress and several different ways to wear it suits me fine, as I am a divil for overpacking.

The races was of course the Punchestown festival and I headed there on Friday which of course was Ladies Day. Now one might think I am going for the fashion but the truth is I’m there for the gee gee’s and a punt. Don’t get me wrong I love looking at the fashion and always have my camera at the ready as I usually pick out a few beautifully dressed women to add to my blog. I did that before I hit the champagne tent and found a table outside just in front of the last fence and a great view of the racetrack.

Two great wins and a great day over I headed home without taking a blind bit of notice of the winner of the Best Dressed Lady competition. A call later from Heidi Higgins in reply to a call from me was hilarious, as I didn’t know she was the winner!

Heidi Higgins designs the most stunning lady like dresses and jackets in beautifully simple fabrics and in beautiful colours. Her winning outfit was a pale turquoise blue trimmed with silk, dress and jacket. Her Autumn Winter collection will be in my showroom at the end of May and I’m really looking forward to opening great accounts for her where her collection can grow and become the huge success I’m predicting

.

The New Lingerie boutique opens in Brown Thomas in a few days and I’m looking forward to that. A Press Launch for Yummie Tummie planned for the 6th May is in the pipeline and that is in the final stages of organisation.

Meantime the customers are coming in, the orders are being taken and I refuse to listen to bad economic news. I’m keeping my head down and refusing to look over the edge. Have a fashionable week ahead…


www.nickysragtales.com

No comments: