Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fashion Industry Insider Blog -Nickys Ragtales!!


The past week has been mad busy. I made a pact with myself earlier in the year that I would accept all invitations so that’s what I have been doing. The only trouble is that I invariably end up exhausted at the end of the day with a pile of work I haven’t completed. This week was the launch of Annie Gribbins Make Up Forever Aqua collection and what a great fun event that was. I brought Laura Dunne with me who came for an interview to Intern with me in the summer. For Internship read ‘Work experience’ I love having young enthusiastic people who come in to work with us in the showroom. What they lack in experience is more than made up for in energy and passion. Laura works as a Stylists assistant and is really tech savvy too so I’m sure the learning will cut both ways.

Last Saturday was the monthly bloggers lunch which took place in Milano and that was a great event where lots of brilliant food and lots of banter between fellow bloggers. When I started blogging I never realised that the community of bloggers was an integral part of the whole experience and where that would lead. So far I’ve made really good friends, and had a blast. One of the places I ended up this week is hush hush. Suffice it to say it involved me (sans make up) being filmed and having to work hard not to laugh while being flat on my back!!! All will be revealed in June, but it’s a good job I have a sense of humour.

This is the time of year when the Summer runs away and it hasn’t even begun. Meetings in Milan and London have to be booked and in between I may get a holiday. I’m planning another charity trek for The National Rehabilitation Hospital Paediatric Unit for Music Therapy to Vietnam. I only decided last night but it’s time to start fundraising. Hard work but someone’s got to do it! Have a fashionable week ahead…

.

No comments: