Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider


I was away on holiday last week on the beautiful Island of Ischia off the coast of Naples. It was a wonderful break and half of me is still there walking the winding streets, window-shopping and sipping prosseco.

It was back to work today refreshed and ready to wade through the hundreds of emails and phone calls that needed immediate replies to. There is something about holidays that makes the brain so relaxed that it is very hard to jump straight back at full steam ahead.

This week my blog posts will have a decidedly sunny flavour and I will post great pictures and information for anybody who might think of visiting Ischia. The wonderful thing about blogs is that they are essentially anything you want them to be. There are no rules and nobody says what I can or cannot write about. Since most of my working life is centred on the fashion business that is what I write about most often but every now and again I break out and choose other subjects. So this week it’s travel tales.

The showroom is about to be transformed next week as Heidi Higgins brings in her new collection for Autumn/ Winter and customers will be coming to view the range. I am really excited to see what she will be showing and I’m looking forward to presenting it to the new customers from around Ireland who wish to view it.

At the same time the Yummie Tummie Holiday collection has now arrived and it’s looking fantastic with the new addition of leggings, tops and dresses which have the shape wear panel completely concealed inside. Judging from the amount of food I consumed over the past week and my expanded wais t line I can’t wait to order some for myself.

Working in the fashion business one would automatically think that I have access to lots of interesting and wonderful clothes. The truth is that it’s often too much trouble to order specials and I tend to forget until it’s too late. I tend to buy my own clothes in the same way as everybody else and that I think is why I think like a member of the public (which I tell myself) keeps me up to date with what’s in the shops. It also makes me very price conscious and value for money is something that is top of my personal buying agenda. That doesn’t mean cheap but it does mean clothes that will stay in my wardrobe and get worn over and over again

.

Forgive this rambling post, I’m sure that by next week I will be fully back in the swing of things with my mind firmly on the business ground and memories of Ischia will be consigned to blog posts, photographs and my fading tan. Have a fashionable week ahead……..

http://www.nickysragtales.com
twitter.com/nickysragtales


No comments: