Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Fashion Industry Insider



With so much happening from week to week I have to have really good systems in place in order to remember everything. I use my laptop, Iphone and synchronise Google calendar with both with reminders set for three hours before appointments. Even with all that in place I sometimes forget and then it’s apologies all round. The reason I say all that is that I’m late again with this blog post!

I have been travelling around the country, which is always enjoyable at this time of year. It’s difficult to stay completely focused on business as I stroll through small towns. First stop I have to find the best coffee shop which is sometimes difficult so when I see those awful filter machines I ask for tea. You can’t go wrong with a nice pot of tea! Some of the boutiques and shops are trading well with increased business being reported while others who are still overstocked are struggling to make ends meet. Those retailers who are staying close to their business and who are focusing on great customer service are winning others are struggling or in some cases closing.

I had two interesting meetings last week; one was with a young Irish T-shirt company called Lady Umbrella. I met them on Twitter and Face Book (they have over 5,000 followers on each) and curiosity brought me to the Loft in Dublin’ Powerscourt Townhouse Centre to see whether the T-shirts lived up to the hype. It does and what is really interesting about this company is it’s use of Social Media which it was pointed out to me by Rob Ryan and his Designer partner Elena, is free. I wrote a post on my blog, which if you haven’t already set up a Face book page for your company/boutique you should read.

The second meeting was with a young PR company who also understands and use Social Media along with interesting and novel approaches to getting the message out. I think that what I am continually learning is that there are ‘several ways to skin a cat’! (Or something along those lines)

The beautiful ‘Good Charma’ jewellery samples have arrived and I must go and drool over them…… Have a fashionable week ahead.

1 comment:

MOKSHA said...

In the fast track of busy working life, people have not many colours left in their life except Black and White. By realising this fact new century label 'MOKSHA' brought shades of true colours in its collection only for the people who love the colourful clothes and differentiating its collection from others by using rare and organic kind of fabrics.Mixing the colours from India with the thoughts of western style which makes MOKSHA collection unique.