Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

From the Blogs


Wednesday's Roundup of The Irish Fashion and Beauty Blogs

Rockin Fashion: Elle Style Awards 2010

God this really is a busy couple of weeks where award ceremonies are concerned. Music, Film, Fashion you name it..... But one thing is for sure, London is most definitely the place to be this week. With all the stars descending in town for more

Stylefish.ie: Whats in Store from M&S
One of our firm favorites on the high street Marks & Spencer’s have unveiled their new Spring Summer more

TheSavvyShopper.ie: 20% of SS10 at LK Bennett

WhatSheWears.ie: Ask the Stylist: Communnion
My daughter is making her First Holy Communion this year, and I haven’t a clue as to what should I wear. I’m a young mum (30) and I just had a baby a couple of weeks ago so my figure is a bit bigger than usual . I haven’t a clue as to what would be appropriate so… any ideas? more

Stylebible.ie: Dylan Bradshaw Launch Night
The young and the beautiful stepped out in force last night to join acclaimed hairstylist Dylan Bradshaw to celebrate the launch of his über cool flagship salon in Dublin city centre. The impressive three-storey Georgian building was centre stage of South William Street, with over 500 guests enjoying the exquisite interior of the salon. Owner and host Dylan Bradshaw was joined by his wife Charlotte in welcoming guests throughout the evening as they enjoyed the mouthwatering canapé and champagne reception and mingled their way through the extensive 6000 sq ft salon to the beats of super cool tunes. more

White Rabbitt: Thrifted Ralph Lauren Pants
Last week I bored everybody to death posting about my newly acquired fondness for the slouchy pants. Well, I am back to my subject again! This time it is about a vintage pair of Ralph Lauren high waisted, carrot shaped, super soft cotton trousers I bought in a Charity Shop for €5

OffShoot: I all Edge
I think I'm taking this whole lux grunge thing a bit too far but with the spring summer collections taking over the shops I've very little time left before I'll be expected to wear nudes and florals SO I'm making the best of grey and black and studs while it's still acceptable and before I look like an annoying angsty teenager. Saying that, if I did have a couple hundred quid to splash out on a pair of shoes I'd most certainly be buying these, sure they're mens shoes I dont think I care.
more

Beaut.ie
It’s fairly safe to say that we’re obsessed with nails at the moment. After all Owen Wilson himself has drawled that “nails are so hot right now“: and that has probably had something to do with the rise of the Reverse French, the Chanel Catwalk creations and lace manis among others. Owen usually gets most trends spot on.more

The Stylebitches
Introducing the musical stylings of ‘Crystal Swing’. (No prizes for guessing where they get either part of their name). Never have I been more inclined to emigrate. The mere thoughts of encountering these folk in a seaside bar whilst drunk in Kilkee some New Years Eve makes me shudder to my very core.

Whisty Blogs Fashion: Harpers Bazaar Shoot
I love this shoot, I’m sure I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t go a bit gaga for the dark romanticism of this pair of vigilantes. The bank-robbing rampage of Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow during the Great Depression epitomised rebellion and thus appealed to the disillusioned, unemployed public of America. Their story has continued to influence popular culture; in the late sixties Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway portrayed the pair in a critically acclaimed film. Since then the story has been even more romanticised and glamourised turning the couple into a pair of 20th century Robin Hoods more

No comments: