Search Irish Boutiques Magazine

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nicky's Rag Tales

I hear lots of doom and gloom when I turn on the radio and the TV. I’m a news junkie. I start at 6.30 in the morning and that’s after sleeping whilst listening to the radio all night. News is by nature never of the good variety. It’s like those voices in my head. That internal voice that never says what a wonderful person I am and how I am making the right decisions and the news is likewise always of the negative variety.

The reality of course is completely different, that is not to dismiss completely all the bad news it is just to bring balance into the debate. Some people are optimists by nature others are pessimists. I vary from day to day. The trick is to stay in the moment and completely focused. One thing I do know is that I am busy enough to believe that this country does have a future. Busy enough to know that there are enough people in work to keep the economic wheels turning.

So now to my working week and my reality. This week I have been selling Yummie Tummie with orders flowing in daily while preparing for a visit from Yummie Tummie Designer Stylist Heather Thomson from the States on 26th October. (I can’t wait to find out all the gossip from her about Beyonce and J.Lo both of whom are friends of hers). Falke hosiery is selling really well and new accounts are coming in from all corners of Ireland daily. Muubaa leather is selling out everywhere I sold it and a new collection is due in any day and Heidi Higgins Spring Summer collection is due in on Friday and we start selling next week for ten days. I know Heidi’s new collection is full of fabulous Special Occasion wear in the most beautiful colours and fabrics and I’m really looking forward to that. Phew I’m exhausted just reading all of that!!.

Have a fashionable week ahead…..

No comments: